Sunday 3 May 2015

What is wrong with my sleep pattern?

I have never been a morning person. It would take 3 alarms and my mum waking me up every morning before school. And now that I am at university it has not got any better. Even the thought of a 9 am lecture would make me internally cry! I dread to think what it will be like when I start a real job, in the ever so real world!

I've been at uni now for 3 years and I am 2 days away from handing my last piece of work in to be marked! (cue exciting squeals and a nervous laugh and a sigh of relief) But because I have nearly finished everything it is giving me time to think about anything other than my dissertation and that final assignment... And what am I thinking about?  My sleeping pattern!

Last night I went to bed at 2 am, read for an hour then didn't actually go to sleep until 4/5 ish. I then woke up at 12:30 pm. This is terrible, I am getting enough sleep but at the wrong times! I blame uni for this completely. I do not have my mum or dad forcing me out of bed at 8/9 am everyday. When I return home for holidays or weekends etc. I tend to go to bed at 11 pm and get up for 9 am, which is ideal. I get a full 8+ hours of sleep every night and I feel like I do more with my day. But at uni, the idea of getting up before noon is a crazy idea and one not worth thinking about.

So, I vow from Monday the 11th of May I will wake up at 9 am every day for a month just to get myself used to waking up and going to bed at appropriate times. So why have I chosen the 11th and not to start tomorrow... well I am going to be honest, it's already 1:20 am as I write this and I will not be getting up before 11 am tomorrow. Also, next week is about celebrating, all my work would have been handed in, which means of course alcoholic beverages and many of them... well too many of them! Next week is dedicated to my friends and making the most of uni before I have to up and leave on the 1st of June :(.

I am hoping by the 1st of June I will have a confirmed job and either be in training or start training to become a support worker/ trainee social worker. And this means long shifts often starting in the early mornings. So, I need to get this sleeping thing under control!

No more late night blogging sessions for me! Sensible sleeping and waking up times for me! Time to grow up, get a job and sadly mature just a little.

Thanks for reading,
Love Yah

IsThataRedHerring

No comments:

Post a Comment