Tuesday 6 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 6: Internet dating... revisited.

I did a post way over a year ago about internet dating and how I was finding it. I actually had a long term relationship come out of internet dating, but that relationship ended after a year. A mixture of different reasons and a whole other blog post I’m sure to come. Anyway, since I am single and very much ready to mingle I thought I would revisit the topic of internet dating. I joined back in September time using two apps the first Tinder and the second Plenty of Fish (POF). It began okay trying to find the genuine people from the fuckboys was the hardest part. I have since ditched Tinder because it is simply just full of fuckboys and not worth my time. So let’s focus on POF.

So, POF is a dating site, which allows you to make a profile, write about yourself, give a little bio, your basics and them do a very long and I mean very long chemistry test which I have to admit I still haven’t finished haha. Anyway, I have had a few good dates from the site and met some lovely genuine guys on there. I have had some absolute horrid dates, and some guys assume they are going to get sex on a first meeting/date. Now I am up for casual but come on dude, I barely know you let’s get to know each other. I have come up with some top tips for internet dating based on my experience.

Number 1
DO NOT GIVE A GUY YOUR SNAPCHAT

Like seriously, if you have been talking to a guy and all he ha asked you is hey, how are you and then boom straight in with have you got snapchat, you will receive a dick pic and loads of them. Words of warning that is what happens.

Number 2
DO NOT GIVE YOUR NUMBER OUT

Okay, so with this one be respectful of your mobile number. So, many guys use the excuse of this app is slow have you got whatsapp? Why yes I do, but know you cannot have it because I barely know you. If a guy really wants to get to know you they will wait. I normally do not give my number out until I’ve been messaging a person at least 3 days. I want to know them a little first.

Number 3
Don’t be afraid to play the field

I’ve had a few people ‘judge’ me because I am talking to several guys. Most of these people judging me are in relationships, and have been for a while. Now just because I am talking to several guys it does not mean I am sleeping with them. I am simply getting to know people. Figuring out if we have stuff in common and quite frankly it’s nice to know I have people wanting to talk to me. So please do not judge.
Just a quick revisit and a few little tips.

Love yah

IsThataRedHerring 

No comments:

Post a Comment