Thursday 29 January 2015

I am quite British...

There is a tag currently on YouTube about how British do you think you are, and you know what I am proud to be typically British and this is why:

How many cups of tea do you have in a day?
I think I drink between 3-4 cups of tea a day, normally I drink Earl Grey Tea as it is my favourite flavour, Although I drink more if my housemate happens to be making tea as well, it's just rude not to have one if she is.


What is your favourite part of a roast?
I think I have to say either roast potatoes (especially if my mum has made them) or stuffing. They always make a good roast... Also just a note, I have to have a roast at least once a week.


Favourite dunking biscuit? 
I think mine has to be a dark chocolate digestive biscuit, classic and perfect for dunking.


Favourite quintessentially British pass-time? 
Is is either Doctor Who because I am a massive DW fan or sitting down and watching all the soaps with my mum such as Corrie, Hollyoaks and Emmerdale.


Favourite typical British word?
I think Blimey or Gosh are amazingly British words, I often say 'Oh Blimey' which means I don't believe it or shocked (if you didn't already know), gosh also means shocked.

Favourite British phrase or saying?
I use the phrase 'Not to be funny but...' or 'I don't mean to be rude...' I don't know why I use them all the time, its basically to make a less direct insult. (sorry)

Favourite sweet?
I love pear drops or jelly tots that are typically British, childhood right there.



What would your pub be called?
I reckon I would choose a classic British phrase, which would be 'let's have a knee's up'. Which in England means let's get drunk or have a few drinks, ideal for a pub I reckon.

Number one British person?
I cannot choose between Stephen Fry and Ian McKellen, they are both wonderful men, that have brought such joy into my life. Through acting and love, they are amazing role models and great people, wonderful people to admire.



Favourite shop or restaurant?
Favourite shop is Waterstones, because of my love for books, I can spend hours just looking at books, I do love that new book smell.
Favourite restaurant is Nandos and I am not ashamed at all to admit that, I am a Nandos addict.

What British song pops into your head? 
Steps, 5,6,7,8.. my favourite childhood band.



I know this blog wasn't the most exciting but this week has been a bit of a roller-coaster for me, I will be posting another this weekend.

Love yah

IsThataRedHerring

ps
I tag Chelsey in my post to do the 'How British are you?' tag





No comments:

Post a Comment