Monday 26 January 2015

I really like to read books: part 1

I always have my head in a book, it has led to the nickname of book worm among my family, a nickname I love and continue to support. Whilst at school I adored reading, however I often struggled reading age appropriate books, this has never stopped me from reading and trying new books.

When entering GCSE years, I was put into top set English, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the work and the amount of reading, however with help from teachers and close friends they gave me the confidence to read bigger and longer books. I went through the usual crazes of books, Jacqueline Wilson, Harry Potter and yes the Twilight series. These books helped me develop a greater passion for books and broaden my horizon. Although I still often struggle with pronouncing and spelling words, I am a much more confident person when it comes to reading aloud and taking control in class.

Anyway, I thought I would reveal some of my personal favourite books.
My favourite author of all time has to be Cecila Ahern. She has written some amazing heartfelt books. P.S. I love you was the first book I read of Ahern's, and I was hooked from then, However,  Ahern's book titled Where Rainbows End or now titled Love Rosie, is my favourite of her books,  I loved this book because of how it was set out, it starts with seven year old Rosie and Alex who are sat in class together discussing Alex's party plans. The book is set out in letter, email and text form, it follows the life of Rosie and Alex, Alex moves away suddenly with his parents to America, leaving Ireland and leaving Rosie behind. Rosie falls pregnant when she is 16 and Alex blames himself, saying if he was there Rosie would have gone with him. It follows their lives and ever changing relationship between the both of them and other relationships. Throughout the book the question always lingers: were they meant to be? Were they destined to be together? Without spoiling the book, the ending for me was perfect in every way. The book has now be turned into a film called Love Rosie, I have yet to see the film because I do not want one of my favourite books to be ruined.


The trailer for Love Rosie: 





That is just one of my many favourite books, which I will write more about later on. If you like romance books this is for you. I adore Ahern's writing its wonderful, I have read the majority of her work and still love her writing.

Love yah

IsThataRedHerring

No comments:

Post a Comment