Thursday 14 May 2015

I have a cunning plan!

Recently I have purchased yet another pile of books. I have a ridiculous amount of books but that will not stop me reading them. But the trouble it, I am finding it really hard to decide which book to read next. I have so many fantastic books, that picking one to read seems impossible. So I have decided to let my decision be made by fate. Much like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory did for an episode... although mine will not be dice I roll rather putting my hand into a jar and seeing what book title I pull out.

picture courtesy of Google Images 

I have started to write the tittles of the books on pieces of paper, and putting them into a jar. Today I finished the Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, which I shall review in the next few days, I was pleasantly surprised by this book and how lovely it was. So I am currently book free and looking for something new to read and I shall leave that to the jar to decide.


I am now calling my jar, the Jar of Destiny... so from my magical mystery jar, I chose The Quiet Game by Greg Iles which I was very happy about, because it is one of the new books I have recently purchased and is a genre of book I rarely read. It's a crime novel, I've never read any crime before so this is going to be a big change for me. It is also a rather large book, so may take me a little longer than usual to read, so far I am 50 or so pages in and I am loving it. It is beautifully written, and as it is a series I am already looking forward to reading the rest.


As I was writing this blog I couldn't help but buy 3 more books... I try to buy the majority of my books from book shops, unfortunately my trusted Waterstones is currently shut as they are refurbishing, so I brought these 3 new books online. I try to avoid this because slowly the beloved book shops are closing down because they cannot keep up with amazon. So, whenever I can I try to buy direct from the bookshop, and its always good to talk to the staff who are always enthusiastic about reading, and always recommend books.

I am pretty sure my book buying habit is a problem, but hey my parents always knew what to get me for my birthday and Christmas... BOOKS! or book vouchers I'm not fussy.

Love yah
IsThataRedHerring




No comments:

Post a Comment