Sunday 10 May 2015

My last few weeks at university.

The 31st of May will be my last day at university. I would have spent the last 3 year of my life at Plymouth University, attempting to get a degree. All work is handed in, gosh only knows how many words I've written, how many mental break downs and how many unhealthy snacks consumed. I've spent the best part of my uni life either in the library or hung over! But hey that's just part of uni life right? 

I've met some amazing people at uni, friends I will never forget. And a few close friends who I will stay in contact for a very long time. There are some people I cannot wait to forget and never see again, but that is only a few. 

What have I learnt from uni?
  1. How to be independent.
  2. That I can write a 3,000 word assignment in less than 12 hours and still get a decent grade. 
  3. That money runs out really quickly.
  4. I discovered the joys of NANDOS!
  5. Attempting to date/relationship at uni is extremely hard!
  6. Despite being at uni, there will always be people who think that we are still in high school!
  7. NETFLIX and YouTube!
  8. You can survive on 30p pasta for a very long time. 
  9. Thank goodness for spell-check. 
  10. The friends you make and the experiences you gain are priceless.
When I arrived in Plymouth I was scared, I was always someone who preferred to stay at home, I'd only be clubbing twice before and I was extremely nervous. But I was lucky to have great housemates and I made friends easily. I know that is not always the case. Sometimes I felt lonely, but don't we all? It's all about coping and finding things you enjoy doing on your own. That is normally when Netflix and YouTube came in, or reading a good book. 

Uni was a fantastic experience but I am excited to start my next chapter in life, a job, career, my own house, traveling and enjoying being me. Although I am sad to be leaving uni, it will be weird not living with my lovely housemates, its going to be hard not to be so close to all my friends, but I knwo they will all still be there for me. Love them all....

If you're worried at all about uni, give me a message or comment. Uni may seem big and scary but it's a wonderful experience that you will never forget. 

Love yah 
IsThataRedHerring 






No comments:

Post a Comment