Saturday 2 January 2016

UPDATE on everything. Fitness, books, goals and more

This is a much needed update (sorry). As the title suggests it is time for a big update on well my life. I know a lot of people are going to be doing New Years resolutions but this year I only have one big goal, which is being broken down to the following:

Fitness
Back in November I pledged to get fit and with every pound I lose I will donate to charity. Since then I have lost 14 pound so yes that is £14 towards a charity. In December I joined the gym and hired a personal trainer. When I sat down and talked to her (personal trainer, thank you Carrie) she reminded me that muscle weighs more than fat, so although it's a good idea in theory I will be losing fat and gaining muscle and my routine consists of a lot of weight lifting to shift the fat. So, I have decided with every dress size I drop I will donate £50 to a chosen charity (still need to be chosen) and when I get to my target dress size of a size 12 I will donate a further £100.

This year 2016! I want to do a few charity runs, particularly Cancer Research Race for Life and a few others which I need I to research more into. If you have any suggestions for charity runs then please let me know... also any suggestions you have for the charity in which the money I raise with my weight-loss, then please let me know.

Work
I started a new job in October, quitting my job as a care assistant in a care home due to a few reasons, but the main issue is that I didn't see myself furthering my career there which at the age of 21 is very important to me. So, I got a new job at a school for autistic children, it's an amazing job, very rewarding and I am part of a great team. Unlike my old job the hours are consistent and the money is a lot better, and the best thing is there are many opportunities to further myself. At some point this year I will be starting my health and social diploma. Exciting times, this also means a pay rise!

Books
Well its 2016 so there are many amazing books being released but I already have a ton of books I need to read. So after my last Waterstones voucher is spent I am going to STOP buying new books! It's going to be so hard, but my To Be Read list is so big is frightening!
The books I am looking forward to reading most this year are :-

  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman 
  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 
  • The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion 
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma 
  • The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner 

I know a lot of these books are old (not really but so last year ;) ) but I really wanted to read them and this year I will be getting to them. I am particularly excited about the Lunar Chronicles and Illuminae. I have heard a lot of good things about these books so I am very excited to pick them up and give them a read. 

I also aim to reread a couple of my favourite books, for defiant I will be rereading Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky because it is one of my favourites and I love it. I need to reread it so badly. I think it will be my first book of 2016. Also, at some point this year I will read Life and Death by Stephanie Meyer, the reverse version of Twilight. I have heard very mixed things about this book so I need to give it a go myself. 


Blog
The main aim for my blog this year is to blog regularly, pre-write blog posts and post twice a week. It's not that hard really but I have become very lazy with my blog and well a lot of things to be honest (sorry). So, I have started a fresh notebook full of ideas for posts and I am going to start writing them as soon as I've finished this one. I want to get regular views which would be nice and hopefully make a little name for myself. But that is an ongoing goal. I hope my writing will develop.

LIFE
Just the small topic of life. But to be honest I just want to be happy and healthy and I will achieve this. I am making positive changes to my life. I am determined not to give up on anything.
A few other little things is:

  • travel more
    • even if it's to the next town over, or to London more. Just to discover new places... I am also going to Thailand for 10 days which is AMAZINGLY EXCITING. 
  • Use my time wisely- not to waste my precious time. Because if 2015 has taught me anything it's that time does not wait around for you. 
  • Appreciate the little things. 
  • LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE


Sorry for such a long blog post but I felt that it was needed. 

Love yah 
IsThataRedHerring 

No comments:

Post a Comment