Friday 15 January 2016

Workouts that I enjoy doing and feel working.

Let's face it working out can be boring if you are doing the same thing over and over again. So when I work out I keep it varied to stop becoming bored and tired and well giving up.
The first workout I turn to is one that I know works. It’s not very adventurous but perfect to do when you only want to spend 45 or so minutes in the gym. It’s simple but effective. Simply its:
  • 30 minutes of cardio -  I do it to a level in which I cannot talk to the person next to me
    • 15 minutes on the treadmill. High incline and around 3.5 mph. Not too fast but after 15 minutes you know you’ve done a good workout. 
    • Then 15 minutes cross trainer, mid-level around 8 or 10. I choose not to use the bikes because I tend to get lazy. But with the cross trainer I can feel my muscles working. 
  • I walk around the gym twice as a ‘rest’, then straight into my next part. 
  • Squats and lunges. 
    • 10 squats and 10 lunges repeat 5 times. 
    • I use a 3KG weight for balance when doing the lunges. I step the weight up every couple of days. 

If I cannot get to the gym or it’s a 'rest' day I still do my squats and lunges at home. I am quite lucky that my job keeps me active. Always running and walking around. It's amazing how quickly your heart rate can raise. Even on days when I don't go to the gym I know that being active at work helps.
This week at the gym I've been doing something slightly different:
  • 30 mins of cardio
    • 15 minutes on the treadmill, 3.5 mph on full incline. 
    • 15 minutes on the bikes or cross-trainer. Level 8 or 10 depending on how my knees are. 

Then I go through a routine in-which my gym instructor has given me. It's tailored for me, to lose weight quicker. See picture below:


I really enjoy this work out and you can really feel it working. My shoulders, calves and thighs in particular. Each time I push myself to do more. Heavier weight and more reps. Building it up slowly.
Another good option is the couch to 5K app. It helps with jogging, running and of course motivation. It’s a free app, and can be downloaded on most smart phones. I would really recommend this app if you want to start slowly. 


I hope this has helped, given a few of you a couple of ideas for fitness. If I can do it, anyone can :D

Love Yah 
IsThataRedHerring

No comments:

Post a Comment