Tuesday 3 February 2015

There are only four types of people...

SO as you may know I am someone who chooses to be 'different' not 'normal' or as some may call my style individual or a phase I am going through! Well guess what guys, I am not going to change my look and personality in order to fit inside your idealistic society...Anyway, whilst walking through campus today I noticed a few people looking at me, okay I do have two toned hair, front is purple and the back is orange and I was wearing a t-shirt that said 'Normal people scare me', but to get to the point I had a few reactions which got me thinking that there are only four types of people in this world.

1. The people who think the world revolves around them and their views.
For example, I was asked today, on my way home why I can't dress normally, this was from a complete stranger, I had never seen or spoken too this person in my life. I responded with 'Why should I dress normally?' But what I should have said is what is normal? Who am I or anyone else to judge what others class as normal. I am not hurting or offending anyone by having brightly coloured hair or funny tops (I'd like to state I have zero tops I own are offence most of them are bands, Doctor Who or minion based). I just simply wear what I find comfortable, its personal taste not a debate.

2. Those who love my style and compliment me.
For example... this happened about two weeks ago, I was walking into lecture and when a women and her child passed me, when the mother turned to me and said 'Wow your hair is lovely, I like the different blues in it' and the little girly kept saying 'Look mummy blues and purples' and this made me very happy and I was shocked that there are people who can be nice, and I shouldn't be so shocked at this. That there are people who are nice. I've had a few people say that I am brave because of my style, and that they'd worry what people think. And I guess to some extent I do worry how people will see me in society but I am not a scary person, I am a kind hearted person (well I like to think I am). So when people tell me I am brave I get a sense of pride because I might be inspiring others to maybe come out of their shell more, and be themselves more. 

3. The individuals.
Those who class themselves as an individual. Those who make heads turn because they have a ‘whacked’ out style. Not necessarily bright colours like myself, but those who class themselves as emo’s, goth’s, punks, rockers etc. Let’s face it, we are ALL individuals, some may follow the current fashion trends, others prefer something different. But who cares, are you happy? Yes good that keep on doing what you are. Just don’t judge people because they aren’t the same as you. Just because they don’t like the same clothing as you does not make them a bad person, in fact they may turn out to be a great person!

4. Those who do not care, it is up to me what my style is.
            I love those people who simply couldn’t give a rat’s ass if I have blonde, blue, purple, green hair. Those who barely notice that I wear personally styled clothes shall we say?! To them I am another person on the street, and they are normally the people to become friends with because they focus on who you are and not what you look like which is wonderful. 

Sorry if this was a rant, but it just got me thinking about perceptions of people without even speaking to them and getting to know them. 

Love yah

IsThataRedHerring

2 comments: