Friday 9 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 9: Reapplying for university

I thought it was about time I reapplied for university. I am lucky enough to hold a BA Hons degree in Educational Studies from Plymouth university. And after taking nearly 2 years out of education and thinking long and hard about what I want to do for the rest of my life I have finally chosen what to do. I am currently trying to write my personal statement. I don't think I am the only one who struggles to write about themselves without feeling like a vain twat! I have written half a page so far and I am cringing at every second of it.

Anyway, you may be wondering what I am applying for, well I am putting in my application for a PGCE in primary school teaching ages 5-11. I was umming and arring for so long if to do it. I was debating for a while if to do midwifery or nursing but I decided that teaching was the way forward. I am hoping to get my QTS and within 2/3 years be able to teach abroad. I really want to travel and teach. Or even move to another country to teach. But that is a few years off and I really need to get this application form done first. Haha.

I am hoping to stay close to home this time round. As it will be cheaper in the long run. My top choices are; Reading, Winchester and Southampton. Oxford Brookes was also on the list, but I can only choose 3 and Winchester won its place in the top 3. Its so pretty. All of these universities have great reviews from students. I have done a lot of research into what university to go to, and it has taken me over a year to narrow down my choices. And I am pretty happy with them.

I just need to finish my personal statement, get my references and I can then send off my application. So, fingers crossed I get through to the interview stage and get offered places. I will keep you all up to date.

Love yah
IsThataRedHerring

No comments:

Post a Comment